At the William Cox Inn, we follow the Slow Food Movement philosophy :
- eat locally and sustainably
- eat seasonally
- shop at farmers’ markets
- plant a garden
- conserve, compost and recycle
- cook simply, engaging all your senses
- mealtime is a special time
- good food comes from good ingredients
All of our meal items are made here at the Inn or purchased from local farmers.
Our Breakfast Menu (depending on the season)
- baked apple/roasted pear or seasonal berries
- homemade granola, hot oat groats or three whole grain cereal
- local farm eggs sauteed with organic spinach, sprinkled with Chevre
- seasonal frittata with local cheeses, herbs, and vegetables topped with our homemade spicy ketchup or summer peach chutney
- ricotta blueberry or oatmeal pecan pancakes or raised Belgian pecan waffle
- seasonal baked French toast
- Double H Farm nitrate free bacon or sausage
- Choice of our blue ribbon award “cathead” biscuits, our famous scones, blueberry muffins
- Sustainably grown strawberries in May
- Our own Damsom plum jam
All meals are accompanied by rolled farm butter, milk from Virginia or Pennsylvania, Virginia Maple Syrup.
Small groups can arrange to have lunch/dinner, especially as part of a retreat or meeting. Please call for prices and menu options. Other events, such as a birthday party, or small wedding for less than 50 guests, can have meals arranged as needed.